Spiritual Care at Concordia is reflective of our core value, compassion and respect. Our staff are trained to accompany and support our patients and their loved ones during a time of illness, being respectful of their beliefs, values, and religious or spiritual background.
We offer the following services:
- Listening with empathy and understanding
- Grief support at time of diagnosis or end of life
- Dignity therapy, prayer and inspirational readings
- Arranging services, rituals, sacraments and ceremonies respecting one’s beliefs
- Assisting patients and their families with ethical issues and decision making
- Bereavement after-care
The Hospital Chapel (on main floor):
- Open 24 hours each day for prayer and reflection
- Interdenominational service, Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m.
- Roman Catholic Mass, fourth Thursday of each month at 11:00 a.m.
- Spiritual Reflections, third Thursday of each month at 10:30 a.m.
Aboriginal Healing Ceremonies:
- Sacred space is available weekdays and after hours on the ground floor
Hours of Service:
- Chaplains are on duty Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- On-call service providers are on duty on off hours, weekends and stat holidays
- Roman Catholic priest is on-call daily except, 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Chaplains can be reached by calling Information at 204-667-1560 (external calls) or by calling “0” (internal calls).