Our goal at Concordia Hospital is to get you well and to get you home. Concordia Hospital’s discharge planning process will help you safely and comfortably transition back to your home environment or other appropriate environment.
Once your health care team has determined you can go home, they will work with you and your family to facilitate this process.
Before you return home, you should know:
- who to call if you have a problem
- which medication you have been given and the possible side effects
- the danger signals relevant to your condition
- when you can go back to work and resume normal activities
- information regarding special devices or equipment that you might need to use
- follow-up appointments with your family physician and specialists
This information can improve your recovery and your health. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have before leaving or upon your return home.
15 minute patient pick-up parking is available in the loop at the main entrance to the hospital.
If your family transports you by wheelchair to the main lobby at the time of discharge, simply leave the wheelchair in the main lobby, and we will have it taken back to the unit.
Any valuables that have been deposited for safekeeping can be picked up from Patient Inquiry on discharge.